Client In the News:
Ways to Support Pontiac’s Mattie Hatchett Park Re-Development
Pontiac, MI- With your support, Pontiac Community Foundation will re-develop Mattie McKinney Hatchett Park into a state-of-the-art park and recreational facility for Pontiac residents.
We invite you to help Pontiac children and families gain access to recreational activities in their neighborhood by getting the word out and making a donation in support of the Mattie McKinney Hatchett Park Re-development project.
Our goal is to create a vibrant and sustainable park that is well maintained and operated, promotes inclusive programs and facilities, and provides equitable access to all residents. Redeveloping this park will not only contribute to the quality of life of the neighboring residents, but also create a way for families to connect, increase recreational activities for Pontiac residents, improve equitable opportunities for the community, and create a new space for community events and engagement.
Potential amenities upon re-development of the park include:
- New outdoor fitness equipment
- Playground equipment for all ages and abilities
- Walking path around the park
- Replacement of broken sidewalks
- New park seating and general amenities
- Resurfaced basketball court & multi-sport court
- Soccer field & volleyball equipment
- Community garden & public art decor
- Hammock stations
- Wi-Fi hotspot for resident equity and connectedness
To become an official PCF Park Ambassador, simply click the button below to respond before August 1.
PCF Park Ambassadors will receive:
- Access to ready-made content to share on your social media channels
- MMH Park Project updates to share with your network
- A shout out on PCF social media
Can’t commit to being an ambassador? You can show your support by getting your workplace involved!
- Organize a campaign that raises funds for the MMH Park Project. Think jeans days,etc…
- Post a photo of how you’re supporting the MMH Park Project and why on your social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, etc.) and tag Pontiac Community Foundation on your post.
- Help us “prime the pump” by making a gift ahead of the campaign to provide recreational outlets for Pontiac children and families.